Sunday, August 22, 2010

We have a newborn. We want to start with massage. What oils are best? Just back massage at first? Advice?

I'm a massage therapist and mom of an 8 month old. I've been massaging him since birth, and he loves it! I just use his regular baby lotion. Don't use any massage oils on a baby. They are too heavy for their skin, and most massage products contain nut oils, which you should avoid for the first year for allergy reasons.





You can massage his/her whole body, but I recommend you study up a bit first. Some massage therapists offer 1-on-1 training for you and your baby. If you don't want to do that, I found a great DVD on Amazon called ';Baby Massage Therapy v2.0'; It was about $20.





Enjoy!We have a newborn. We want to start with massage. What oils are best? Just back massage at first? Advice?
baby oil...

No comments:

Post a Comment