Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whats the best advice for raising 3 kids,2brothers that fight all the time and a stepdaughter.?

just trying to keep the peace.if i spend time with my husband my kids feel left ouy,if he spends more time with his daughter my kids feel left out.helpWhats the best advice for raising 3 kids,2brothers that fight all the time and a stepdaughter.?
Constant discipline, and what I mean is not hitting them all the time, but never letting up, lay ground rules, and punishments for those ground rules, and stick to them, stay firm, I teach parenting classes at church, find a good church, and take a parenting classWhats the best advice for raising 3 kids,2brothers that fight all the time and a stepdaughter.?
I think counseling is probably your best answer...either that or valium...LOL Just kidding....
I have 6 in my home ( 5 boys and 1 girl ) I know where your coming from-always fighting,cussing,acting like animals etc....


Trust me you will never reach a point to where you can please everyone at the same time.So you just learn to live day by day and deal with things.I know some people would say the hell with that-but you never know what you will do til your put in the situation. Because i never thought i would be living in a home full of kids myself,and here i am.Oh these are not my kids,if they were they would have respect,which is something kids don't know the meaning of these days.Anyway-Good luck with your situation-hope things will work out for you!
Pick your battles. Some of the fighting is most likely for attention. Show them that they get more attention for positive behavior. Counseling could be helpful, also, do a family night whenever possible. PLay games, watch movies, etc..
Organize more family activities that everyone can participate in together. Have the kids also take turns suggesting what activities to take part in. The only rule is that everyone must -participate. Good luck to you!
well you got the right name if you can deal with that
BE THE PARENT! DO NOT ACT AS THEIR COOL FRIEND! Set your standards and rules and stick by them, and administer just punishment depending on which of your rules are broken. Your husband must balance out his time with all involved, no exceptions, and your bros need to put on the boxing gloves and have it out once and for all while your husband acts as the referee...
family counseling should do you some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment