Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am looking at becoming a financial advisor. Anybody have advice on career path/ best companies to work for?

I have 17 years of experience in the investment field and I have been managing and trading my own account for a living since '98.





I am thinking about talking with some independent financial advisors with the intent of finding someone that wants to take on a junior advisor(usually the advisor will give the junior some small accounts to help get started and takes a cut of the commissions of course) I have heard that this is a much better approach than starting out with no accounts as you would in a wire house training program.I am looking at becoming a financial advisor. Anybody have advice on career path/ best companies to work for?
We've been trading for the same amt of time!!! Me since 98 too! I decided to get my series 7, %26amp; 3 license at the end of 2000, but then when 9/11 happened it just created havoc in securities industry. And even though I believed the market would go down and had good stragities to help people protect their investments, I couldn't convince others. I guess I am not a very good salesperson. I hated the sales end of the industry, as it is just that. Sales. Makes no difference to the company what you know, they just want to see sales. The better way I think for a trader, if that is what you like to do, is to get in on the portfolio management or (I can't think of the term right now, but industrial? where you are working with trading currencies for banks or trading stocks for the company itself) side of the industry, but stay away from the retail end. I later got my series 55 (market maker) and was much happier on that side of things, and later was hired by a private party to manage their large portfolio. I was very happy with that and made very good money, (but there were personal conflicts) I took my bonus and ran and now am back on my own.....and have lost all my licences due to not hanging them with a company, which I am not unhappy about. It was a good experience. I now also work with others helping them manage their own portfolio, for which I don't need any securities license for. I take a % of profits, and feel much happier doing this. I hope this helps.....and good luck!I am looking at becoming a financial advisor. Anybody have advice on career path/ best companies to work for?
Been there! It has been a hard couple of yrs to trade.....jazzzame@yahoo.com

Report Abuse



Monster , Yahoo Hotjobs, Careerbuilder are some of the largest job boards, where you can apply for jobs and upload your resume. Since Craigslist, allows free job postings, many smaller companies post their vacancies on this online classifieds website. You can also search for jobs from multiple websites using aggregators like SimplyHired and Indeed. Referrals are also becoming a increasingly popular way to get hired.


More details and website links available at


http://tinyurl.com/emdyn
I worked for AG Edwards %26amp; Sons and also had my own independent firm. Depending on your location, you probably know who dominants the market... you should probably start there. There's a lot of advantages I missed when I was self-employed; namely, medical insurance and not being able to buy company stock at a discount. Also, if your firm does a lot of underwriting, you won't have the opportunity to sell shares until they hit the secondary market.
visit http://net-new.blogspot.com and also visit http://netnew.tripod.com and search
Hi, i know what your question means. i also think stock market is a nice place for investing.





I found some useful tips in stock trading. It includes stock basics, how to protect your profit, find a potential increase share, control and manage stock risk, when to sell/buy stock and so on.





http://www.bernanke.cn/stock-trade/





Best Wishes %26amp;%26amp; Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment