Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Relocating(Moving) and need some advice. What would be best for my cat? What should I do?

I've temporarily moved to where I'm at now just today, and will be staying here for only about a month because we bought a trailer here, and will be moving it back to our property after the pad has been poured and has cured. My cat is a Main Coon and is now hiding under one of our beds. What should I do to help her get acclimated to her new home? And what can I do to keep her from wanting to run off when I take her back to her our original home? Should we take her back and let her stay at our original home until we move back? Anyone have any experience with this situation? And anyone out there have any professional advice (Animal therapists, Veterinarian, etc.)?Relocating(Moving) and need some advice. What would be best for my cat? What should I do?
Kitty will come around. She is frightened. There are new sounds and smells to get used to. Put a blanket under the bed that will smell like her old home and put her litter box and food near by so she doesn't have to venture farther than she feels comfortable doing. And just be patient. She's going to need a few days.Relocating(Moving) and need some advice. What would be best for my cat? What should I do?
Well my friend,, I'm not a vet,, but I just lost my Maine Coon of 15 yrs. this past Nov. Miss him dreadfully. Maybe just keep down commotion, put his feed bowls out,, make the place as cumfy as possible and he should come around. You might also want to tell your vet and maybe a SLIGHT sedative until he comes around himself. Just make the loving environment he's used too. And talk to him. Her.
My first Siamese went through 15 moves with me in 12 years. He handled it just fine. He actually loved car rides but would cry when I rolled the window down to pay tolls.





The constant is YOU. He will want to be with you.
show your cat that it can run a round and play
My cats used to hide every time I moved. After a while, they come out and want to explore. Get your kitty back to its routine as soon as you can, and it will adapt to the situation.





If you're worried about the kitty's stress level, there's a product called Feliway that replicates cat pheromones (it's synthetic, so no harm done to any cats.) It helps to calm and soothe your cat. I used it when my in laws came to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment