Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Best Advice For Boot Camp?

The best way to get through Marine Corps boot camp. I know there is now easy way. But what will make it easier on me to help me get through. I've wanted to be a Marine it's a family tradition pretty all my family has served atleast 20 yrs. But they want me to find out myself.


my MOS is 0311 (Riflemen)The Best Advice For Boot Camp?
Don't take it too seriously. Don't let it get inside your head.Try to keep your sense of humor but never laugh out loud. The DI's are playing a role. Always keep that in mind. They're not the monsters that they will appear to be. I met one of my DI's in the fleet a couple of years after I graduated. In boot camp, I thought that he was a certifiable psychopath but it turned out that he was actually a very nice guy. We became friends, sort of, he was still four ranks ahead of me. He'd invite me to his house for barbecues and things like that. He even lent me his car a couple of times, etc..





You'll be under a lot of stress at first but it will get easier as you go along. First phase was a nightmare but third phase felt like a cake walk. I was actually enjoying boot camp in my last couple of weeks.


Make sure that you're physically fit before you go. That's one less thing to worry about. A lot of guys who show up out of shape worry about PT. That's an extra stressor that you can do without. Being fit will give you confidence. And it's pretty much the only real prep that you can do. You can't really prepare yourself for the initial shock but you'll recover quickly.





Keep your wits about you, keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open. Whatever they tell you to do, do it enthusiastically.The Best Advice For Boot Camp?
Go in with a positive can do attitude. Strive to stand out in all the activities. You can't change what transpires in boot camp so accept it. Don't worry too much about it you will do fine. You will be proud that you made it when you graduate and will remember the experience for the rest of your. This is about what I told my grandson and he got through it without a hitch. Semper Fi and the best of luck A Marine strives to be outstanding not hide like army pouges.
Play the game. Don't try to stand out. You'll stand out by fitting in.
Learn to hold your piss.
Get out while you still can.
Here is some good boot camp info for you to read.


http://lavadog23.webs.com/bootcampinfo.h鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment